Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 323: Origami pretzel restaurant

Hard to believe, but we had a fairly normal week this week. I took a quick trip to Minneapolis for work, but other than that, everything pretty much just hummed along. Weird. Not that I am complaining. Far from it, I am thrilled!

I am still not quite sure what is going on with Lemon's cough. We are on day 10 of Cayston now. On Friday, I thought he sounded really good, basically at what we think of as his winter baseline, which is some coughing first thing in the morning and sort of aggressive throat clearing throughout the day. Based on that, I was hoping that we would stop Cayston today.






Then, of course, last night and into this morning he coughed quite a bit, which made me think we are not done with Cayston just yet. For both Lemon's sake and mine, I'd really hoped not to do another week of treatments at school, but I don't think we can avoid it in good conscience. We'll need to keep going at least until Friday, which will be day 14, and then see where we are. Have I mentioned how much I wish that there were some kind of objective measure by which we could assess if the treatment we are doing is working, and when we should consider it done? Sigh.

Other than that, the kids and I have been having lots of fun with origami. Lemon brought it up as something he would like to do. I have no idea where he got the idea, but I bought some origami paper and we've had a great time making various things and then decorating them. It's always good to find new indoor activities that everyone can enjoy as we look towards winter. Even Lime is totally into it, although he gets frustrated quickly and likes to have me move things along for him to the point where stickers and other decorations can be applied.









I had Lime's first parent-teacher conference of the school year today. Honestly it feels a bit silly to have one for a four-year-old, but it's good to know that he shows up at school as he does at home: fun, easy-going, silly, and eager to learn things. He is apparently ahead of the curve in terms of words that rhyme, just in case you were wondering. Watch out.


With any luck, things will continue to be normal-ish for another few days, as I'm leaving town again on Friday for a quick trip to run a marathon (everyone needs a hobby). So, if you're in the area on Saturday and want to hang out with a couple of loons, I'm sure Papa Bear would be happy to see you!