Monday, December 9, 2019

Week 329: Finals

I know, I'm getting a bit old for this, but I have a final project for a class due tomorrow. So, I will keep things brief for this week. Overall, it has been a good one. I think I managed to teach Lemon's class something about genes. Honestly, even if they only remember the first point of my little presentation, which is that "jeans" and "genes" are two different things and that "genes" are your body's instructions that are made out of DNA, I will consider it a success. And, I had a fun time reading Lime's class a book about large numbers. So, all in all, a good week for spreading the nerd vibe among young people of impressionable ages.

We are gearing up for Lemon's clinic visit on Wednesday morning, which will include a chest CT as part of the clinical study that he has been a part of since he was born. It is in fact his last visit as part of that study, which is kind of an amazing milestone. I am looking forward to figuring out what other things we can participate in to contribute to CF research going forward. In the mean time, here are some pictures from the week,and back to my final project for me!