Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 202: To the coast

We made it. I'm still not sure exactly how, but nonetheless, here we are, soaking up sun, sand, and salt water on an Atlantic beach. I won't go into detail on the journey, which went about as well as could be expected. I prefer to focus on the result--we are all here having a good time, spending time with family that we haven't seen in far too long. All of our CF related plans seem to have worked out fairly well so far. The travel IV pole made it intact, the case of formula did not explode while in our checked luggage, TSA did not make me unpack my giant carry-on bag of medical supplies, and manual chest PT is going fine. Lemon's cough has actually pretty much disappeared since we left Madison, which makes me think it really was just allergies. So, we brought Cayston with us as a back-up but I think unless something changes pretty dramatically we won't use it.

I'm going to leave this one brief tonight, since I am on vacation after all (and Lime has decided that in order to maximize the vacation experience, he will now wake up _before_ the birds), and will provide a more in-depth summary of the whole trip once we're looking at it in the rear view mirror. Until then, happy Independence Day too everyone!